Thursday, June 11, 2015

Because I'm Happy


You asking yourself, "What the heck is going on? She hasn't posted in over a year!" Your right. I haven't.  As time went on and I started to realize that what had happened to me was occupying too much of my mind.  I needed to let it go.  I needed to be "Happy."  

And, since I am no longer "living on the brink of insanity" I just decided I would move on and live for today, not the past.  However, for those of  you that used to follow this blog I'll give you a recap what has happened since last I posted.  Read on....

Mark's trial finally happened on April 14, 2014.  He had been incarcerated in solitary confinement since March of 2013.  On the day of trial he changed his plea to guilty instead of having the trial.  My understanding was that his public defender let him know that the States attorney only needed to hit "play" on the recordings and he would be convicted.

I got to give my victims statement which was truly empowering.  The judge then read his sentence.  He received 2 1/2 years in prison and 2 1/2 years probation, with a GPS monitor at the House of Hope in Fort Lauderdale.  He has to be drug tested twice a day, both urine and feces.  He has to attend mental, alcohol and drug rehabilitation as well.  The judge said he understood that would want Mark to be incarcerated for the full 5 years (which is the maximum in Florida for Aggravated Stalking).  He further said that he didn't want to do that. He wanted to make sure Mark got help, which he couldn't get in prison.  Thus, the 50/50 split between prison and the rehab.

As you probably figured out he is already out of prison.  He was in solitary for 1 year awaiting trial and then in a State prison from April 2014 until April 2015.  He got a few months reduced from his sentence for good behavior.  He is current now at the House of Hope.

Last year our divorce was final.  He finally agreed to turn over our company to me.  It was that, or let it go bankrupt.  We also have to sell the building that the company is in and split the proceeds.  I have until June of 2016 before I have to put it up for sale.  It's been helpful to be able to stay there, because I had a lot of trauma to work through both in my personal life and getting the company back on track,

Now, my son-in-law and I own and run the company.  We are again making profits, buying new vehicles, hiring new employees and doing very well.

I have to say that I am happier now then I ever have been in my entire life.  I didn't ever dream I could feel like this, especially since I am alone.  What I have found through all of this is that I am a wonderful person.  I have extreme value in this world and am very very loved.

I won't be posting anymore on this blog unless something happens that I feel needs to be told.  I just wanted to update everyone on how this finally all ended.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment