Wednesday, February 19, 2014

155. Please Tell Me That All Men Aren't Pigs?

I'm at work.  I decided to write this down while I am still very perturbed.  As you may, or may not know, I am the co-owner in a small security products / locksmith company with Mark.  I have been running the company with my son-in-law since I left Mark in November of 2012 since Mark abandon the company.

Our store is in a small town on Singer Island which is part of West Palm Beach.  Many of us on the island know each other.  I especially know the store owners and police on the island as they have used our company since its start 30 years ago.  Today one of the police officers from the Town of Palm Beach shores came in to get some keys made.

While he was waiting for his keys to be made by a locksmith he mentioned to me that he knew about what happened with me and Mark.  He said he was surprised because Mark has seemed like such a "nice guy."  It told him that Mark was to those he liked.  Those the didn't he was an entirely different person.

We talked for quite some time.  He seemed quite nice and understanding.  He made comments like, "you're a strong woman," "I'm sorry you are having to go through all of this," and "don't believe anything he said.  You are pretty & smart," etc.

He asked me if I'd like to have lunch sometime.  I have not been on a single date since I left Mark.  I haven't really had the want, or need to do so.  But, I said, "Sure, I guess so."  We talked a bit more about the up coming court date, what will happen when he gets out and the future.

All of sudden in the conversation he says, "Did he meet your needs?"  I was a bit taken back.  I wasn't quite sure what he meant.  Fortunately, the phone rang, so I didn't have to ask him what he meant.  When I got off the phone he said, "Are your needs being met?"  This time I answered with, "Yes, I am in counseling and have strong family support."  He responded, "Well, I mean we all have needs.  I am assuming he didn't meet yours after all you have been through."  I answered, "If you are meaning 'sex' - no, he didn't because haven't liked him for a very long time."

The locksmith came up and gave him his keys and then he left.  I came back to my office in disbelief.  Here a police officer is talking to me about the horrific ordeal that I have been through and am still going through.  And, he has the nerve to ask me if my sex life is being met?  I was floored, angry, and a tad overwhelmed.

All that I could think of after he left was - All men aren't pigs, are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment