Tuesday, July 23, 2013

122. House Viewings and Extreme Sadness


I have been spending all of my free time fixing up the house the best I can since I moved back there in May.  There was so much to do that it was a bit overwhelming.  Especially since I have to continue running the company as well.

My Realtor, Nancy finally put my house on the MLS around July 8th.   She had waited as we had so much paperwork to do with the bank to request a short sale.  We still don't know if the short sale will be allowed, but I did my hardship letter and all of the paperwork is complete.  The scary part is that Nancy says she has a short sale that has been going on for seven months already.  I just hope and pray that doesn't happen to me.


We have had at least one showing or more nearly every day for the past two weeks. You'd think I'd be happy about this because I do want the house sold.  I don't want it sold just because of the short sale but also because I really don't want to be here anymore.  There has been too many bad memories there to ever want to stay.

Nancy called me at work today to tell me there was another showing at 6 PM.  So, I had to rush straight home to make sure everything was cleaned up.  I turned on the lights, music and the waterfall in the pool.  Then I left.

I drove around Loxahatchee with my dog Bailey watching the clock.  I figured they'd be out in about 10 minutes max.  I've never had anyone be in there more then that length of time since we started showing the house.  At 6:10 I drove back by the house.  There was no vehicles there.  I thought they had left, but I called Nancy to make sure.  She told me they had rescheduled the showing for 6:30.  I felt my heart go into my stomach.  I had worked all day, I was tired, and just wanted to go home.

After driving around for the next 20 minutes I drove by to see if they were there. Finally there were two vehicles in the driveway.  So, once again I took off.  I drove back by again around 6:50.  The cars were still there.  I started to lose control of my emotions at this point.  I called Nancy.  She said she would call their Realtor to let her know I would be home soon.

Then I called my sister.  I burst out into tears while talking with her.  Cheryl just worked to calm me down while I continued sobbing.  I couldn't understand the grief I was feeling.  But, it was very real.

Cheryl told me to try again to see if they were gone.  I drove by. They were still there, but chatting in the driveway.  It was now 7:05.  I drove down to the local supermarket and sat in the parking lot talking to my sister.

At 7:15, Cheryl told me to just go home and sit in my car.  They ought to get the hint.  I did exactly that.  The only problem was I couldn't pull in my own driveway.  Their cars were blocking the drive.  I pulled off to the side of the road right in front of my house.  As I sat there I just stared out of the window at them.  They all looked up and waved.  I waved back, but didn't smile.  It seems they finally got the hint around 7:25 because they all packed up and left.  My two hour ordeal was finally over.  Or so I thought.

I went in the house and turned off the music.  I looked out into the back yard and noticed the waterfall was no longer on.  I thought, perhaps, the Realtor was showing them how to turn the waterfall on and off.  So, I went in the kitchen to put some water in my dog, Bailey's, bowl.  Yup, you guessed it.  No water.

Fortunately, I have a really great water guy.  It was now closing in on 8 PM, but I still called.  I couldn't control my crying as I was explaining about the water.  He came over about 1/2 hour later.  He told me my water pump had burned out.  He told me that if I were to buy it from him that it would be very expensive.  Then he said I should go to Home Depot and get one from there and told me what kind.  Megan was home by then so we drove down to Home Depot and got the pump before they closed.  The water guy will be back in the morning to install it.

This has been a very emotional and crappy day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment