Sunday, August 25, 2013

128. To Sell or Not to Sell Everything


It is only 9 days until I have to move out of my house.  Dixie helped me do Craigslist ads for all of my furniture.  It isn't that I don't know how to do it.  I just was to emotional to try.  After nearly 2 weeks of procrastinating, I finally asked her to help.  She is so wonderful.  She made up the ads and the calls started.

I was able to sell our pool table via Craigslist for about a 1/4 of what it is worth.  She had also listed my bedroom furniture and all of our gym equipment.  I also had a nice patio set to be sold.

Many of the calls, texts and emails were from lookie-loos.  My bedroom set never sold.  Actually, I'm glad about that.  My new place is big enough to keep it.  However, I have no where for the gym equipment.  Fortunately, my oldest daughter and her husband took the patio furniture and the gym equipment.  They have a large patio where the furniture will fit perfectly.  The also have an extra room in their house to put the gym equipment.

This was an excruciating, but enlightening experience.  "Stuff" doesn't matter.  It really doesn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment