Tuesday, November 19, 2013

139. My Dad Is Not Well


Sometimes when you think life is finally getting better and you can handle anything that comes along something happens to turn your world upside down,

My sister told me that my dad has been having problems ever since Paula had her heart attack in August.  He has been anxious and can't sleep. He is also in his 80's and depression is very common.

Paula called me on November 14th telling me that she believed my dad was an addict.  He has been taking very hard core sleeping pills prescribed to him by different doctors.

She told me she wouldn't stay with him if he didn't stop taking them.  She grew up with an alcoholic father whom she later disowned.  I was quite floored as my dad has never drank or taken drugs.  She finally got him to her general practitioner that explained the pills that the other doctors had given him are highly addictive.  Anyone, even someone that isn't an addict, can become addicted to those pills. So, the doctor took them all away and prescribed different medication.  The doctor also recommended he go to a sleep center to see if that will help,

I am very grateful Paula gave him a chance.  I don't think he'd make it if she left him.  I am praying every day they can figure out exactly what is wrong and how to handle the depression so he can live normally again.

No comments:

Post a Comment