Thursday, November 28, 2013

142. Thanksgiving 2013 and One Year Later


It was one year ago today that I left Mark.  It's funny how over 8 months of counseling and time can change you.

A year ago I was frightened, angry and horribly confused.  A year ago I still owned my home, had my cat, my parrot Little Muffin was still alive and Mark was still a free man.
As i reflect on how I felt a year ago and how I feel today I really am astounded.  Back then I blamed myself for everything.  I needed to figure out how to "fix" the situation and make it better.  Now I realize there was nothing I could do other then what I had tried.  Mark's bad decisions are the reason he is in jail and will be going to prison.  It's his fault, not mine.

It's ironic that today is also Thanksgiving.  Last year Thanksgiving was a week earlier.  And, if you remember, it was terrible.

Today we had Thanksgiving at Chris and Kristin's again.  It was a wonderful day.  All of the kids were there, as well as my grandson.  It was so nice, happy and peaceful, so completely different then last year.

I look forward to more happy times like this in my future.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment