Saturday, October 19, 2013

135. The Mutilation Threats Were Due To My Panic Attack


Yeah, yeah I know. It's like reading the same story over and over again.  But, it's my life.  So, you have to listen to it.

Today is my daughter, Kristin's birthday.  She asked me earlier this week to babysit my grandson, Matthew, so she and Chris could go out.  I was thrilled to accept their request.

Matthew and I had a fun night.  Later on, after Matthew went to bed, I walked into the office to use their computer.  Laying on the desk were several envelopes marked, 'This letter is from a correctional facility', or something to that effect.  I bet you know who they were from.  You know I had to read them.

Most of the letters were pretty short and asking for some sort of help with his attorney.  But, one in particular long one really got to me.  The whole first page was an quasi apology for all that he had done.  Near the end Mark continued with his apology and wrote, "...when your mother filed for divorce and got the restraining order it really sent me over the edge.  It caused me to have the worst panic attack of all time..."

I sat there for several minutes reading his statements over and over.  The more I re-read it the madder I got.  I thought, wow...  if threatening to mutilate me, my family and kill the police is caused by just a panic attack, can you image what he'd do if he were really mad?


No comments:

Post a Comment