Saturday, October 5, 2013

132. Mark's Brother Comes to Visit


Mark's brother Bruce and his best friend Fred came down from Delaware to see Mark in jail.  Bruce thought maybe he could talk some sense into Mark and convince him to take the 'deal'.

Bruce emailed me before he came down and asked if we could all meet for lunch.  He wanted Ryan and Kristin to come along too.

Ryan readily agreed.  However, Kristin wanted nothing to do with it.  She couldn't figure out why he would want to see her since he hasn't seen her for nearly 20 years.   In the end it was me, Ryan, Sophie (Ryan's girlfriend), Bruce and Fred.

A lot of the lunch was talking about Mark.  At first I was a bit guarded even though Bruce has been an advocate for me.  This is Mark's brother after all.   But, it was made very clear early in the conversation that they were on my side.

The lunch was an eye opener for me.  I learned things about Mark and his youth I never knew.  Bruce also admitted to me that growing up he found that Mark would find it easier to tell a lie then the truth.  I saw that in our relationship too.  I just never knew it was a life long thing.

I may have been apprehensive to go to this lunch, but in the end I was very glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment