Wednesday, December 11, 2013

145. A Conversation With The States Attorney


The status hearing to reschedule Mark's trial is scheduled for Friday.

Jenica, the states attorney, called me today. She had a lot to tell me.  She said that she spoke with the Public Defender on Tuesday.  The conversation was both enlightening and scary at the same time,

The first thing the public defender told Jenica was will be requesting that Mark be granted phone privileges again - with the exception of me and the guys at my work.

The Palm Beach County jail system automatically puts the inmate in solitary when phone privileges are revoked to an inmate.  The jail wants to ensure the inmate doesn't have the ability to use other inmates to carry out their threats.

Mark has been in solitary since May.  He would be allowed to be moved from solitary to general population by removing the phone restrictions.  The woman that used to love Mark wants to believe I'd be OK with that, but honestly I'm not too sure that I am.  Remember, he did mention a 'hit man' a few times when he left his messages.  The hit man comments he made to me and also his threats to kill the N. Palm Beach police were the reasons he was solitary in the first place.  If he gets back in general population would he be inclined to carry out his threats?

However, Mark's public defender also told Jenica that she wants to request 'time served' and let Mark get out of jail.  She also told Jenica she had talked to Kristin, my daughter. She said that Kristin told her that 'everyone would be fine if Mark got out as long as he got mental help.'  I know Kristin didn't say that.  Chris, my son-in-law, assured me the public defender must have misunderstood Kristin.  She doesn't want him out. She just wants him in a mental hospital not prison.  I told Jenica the same thing.  No one that I know of wants Mark back out in public.

I'll admit, I rather freaked out on poor Jenica when she told me the public defender wanted to request to let Mark out with time severed.  I told Jenica that I am not being a vindictive soon-to-be ex-wife. I am truly terrified.  Mark has not received any mental help in the 9 months that he has been in jail.

Jenica assured me that she make sure Mark doesn't get out any time soon.  She is fighting for the maximum of 5 years - whether it is in a hospital, or a state prison - but no matter what she is going for the full 5 years. The judge may not give him that, but at least Jenica will try.  I don't trust the system, but I do trust her.  I have no other choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment