Monday, December 16, 2013

147. Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Get Out of Solitary


Today was Mark's rescheduled 'status' hearing.  If you read Friday's post then you will understand why this was rescheduled.

I did not attend the hearing.  But, I did send an email to Jenica, the states attorney, to find out what happened.  She was in court all day, but emailed me back in the afternoon to let me know the outcome.

Monday's hearing was pretty much a rerun of Friday's hearing.  Only with the correct judge.  Jenica said that Judge Rapp denied all requests.  Mark will not get phone privileges back and so he will remain in solitary.  The judge also scheduled the new trial date for March 2014.

I will admit I was a bit surprised the requests were denied.   There is a small part of me that feels sorry for anyone that has to spend 22 hours a day in a 3 x 6 cell.  Don't get me wrong.  I am actually happy about it.  In solitary he cannot call anyone but his public defender.  If he were moved back to general population he would be allowed to call anyone he wished.  Would he decide to get the hit man he talked about?  I don't know.  At least I don't have to worry about it.

The trial being set for March gives me mixed emotions. On the one hand I don't have to think about him, the trial, or anything to do with this mess for a couple of months.  On the other hand, I have to wait 3 more months for him to be convicted.  I really wish the trial be over.

So, at least for now, I can just continue to go to counseling, figure out what to do with the company and just live one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment