Thursday, November 29, 2012

7. Escaping...What to Do? Where to Go?

Thursday, November 29th

At 1:15 AM I got a call from my daughter Megan.  She asked where I was.  I told her I was driving down Northlake with Bailey.  She said, "Daddy called me and asked if you were here. Where are you going?"  I told her I didn't know. I was crying and really didn't know where I was headed.  So, I drove to the Ibis Publix shopping center and parked.  I didn't want to disturb my older daughter, Kristin her husband Chris, or  my grandson at that time of night.  Megan insisted on meeting me and having me follow her to a motel.  I did that.


Mark called her cell phone non-stop.  He called mine too, but I didn't answer.  We finally found an open motel at 2:45 in the morning.  She helped me sneak in my dog to my room and then went home.  I finally fell asleep around 4:00 AM.

At 8:00 AM Dixie (my Facebook friend) called my cell phone at my motel and asked, "Diana WHAT is going ON?"  I was not quite awake, but also couldn't understand how she could possibly know there was anything going on.  Then she told me that around 2:00 AM, Mark had posted the following on my Facebook wall (he deleted the post before I ever saw it, but Dixie had it):
"Diana you need to come home right now. Little Muffin (my senegal parrot which he hates) was freaking out, so I opened her cage and she flew out the door. She is in the tree screaming for you.  You need to come home right now so she will come down."
Of course, I wasn't reading Facebook at 2:00 AM, so I never saw it.  And, we both believed it to be a ploy just to get me to come home.  My daughter Kristin called me at 10:00 AM and told me to come get her key and go to her house.  Her husband Chris then called me and told me Mark was at the shop and not to come there.  I told him, since Mark was at the shop, I was going home to try to call for "Little Muffin".  I called and called and got no answer from the trees.  I grabbed some more clothes and fed the cat, grabbed my other parrot, "Big Muffin", and then left again.

When I got to Kristin's work she told me she was taking the rest of the day off.  She went with me back to my house to try to look for Little Muffin. She is a good flyer and will come when I call for her.  We went everywhere, but she never answered my calls.  Chris called and said Mark was on his way back home so we left.

Mark called my cell phone multiple times.  He also called my kids.  They wouldn't tell him where I was.  They did keep all of his voice mails though.  They are eye openers.

Later that night I contacted the newspapers, and posted in the lost and found pet forums.  Then Kristin and I decided to drive back to my house and put out the bird cage in the yard just in case she was still in the area.  When we got there, the house was wide open. Mark had several open beer containers in front of him.  He had his headsets on and his computer was on, but he was sitting there asleep with his chin on his chest.  So, I snuck around the back hall into the kitchen an fed the cat.  Then I snuck to get the cage and rolled it into the yard.  He stayed asleep until I actually got the cage in to the yard.  He never saw Kristin, but did see me.  I think he was too drunk and still half asleep to realize what was going on.  He merely said, "How ya doin'?"  I said fine. Then he walked back in the house.  Kristin and I dashed to her Jeep and left.

Chris and Kristin told me I could stay in their spare room.  I agreed as I have no where else to go.

Mark called my cell several times, he called Kristin and Megan too. I didn't answer my phone and no one would tell him where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment