Saturday, November 24, 2012

5. Escaping the Mania for a Day

Saturday, November 24, 2012

I left to go to Kristin's house at 10 AM this morning.  I was so happy to be able to get out of here and spend the day with her and my grandson, Matthew. We had lunch at Red Lobster: 



After we went shopping for a new bedroom set for Matty.  Then on to the park and finally Best Buy, where we got to see Megan.

Kristin and I got to talk a lot about what has been going on. She hasn't seen the Facebook post yet.  Ironically, Mark had deleted it after I left home. I guess he did figure out how to do it.  She really wants me to leave too.  I think she also understand my predicament   How do I do that?  That is the blaring question. I left her house around 6 PM. It was a really wonderful day.

7:00 PM Saturday 

While I was driving home I called Mark to see if he needed anything else at the store.  After I left the store, I called him again and he just sounded so "normal" like the 'old Mark' and it was nice, but scary at the same time. I knew it wouldn't last.

7:30 PM

When I got home he said, "I am going to make sure you have the Mark you fell in love with from now on." He treated me sweetly and wanted to show me what he had done during the day.  I followed him around and said 'great job!' After, I said, "Is there anything else you want to show me?" I asked because I didn't want to go get consumed in FB and reading if he had more.  He got irritated. It started to spiral down from there. 

I went to my office and he brought in a framed picture that has been in the garage for about 8 years (could be longer). He set up against the couch. I asked him to please put them in the spare bedroom where there is room.  He replied, "I get it your angry. Want a 'Happy Meal?" Then he walked back in to get the picture said, "I'm upset because it is ruined and these pictures cost us almost $1,000." I say let me see? He says, "If you want to see it come to the room you DEMANDED I put it in. I'm Working.  I'm off my butt and working."  Remember, it is now after 9 PM at night.

He left the room. Then he came back 10 minutes later.  It is now 9:25 PM.  He asks me to come look at the fish tank in the garage that has been in there for 10 years.  He wants to install it now that we are planning to sell the house.  I walked out to look and he shows me the lights work.  I say, "Wow that's awesome."  He says, "Yeah, we just need to add a pump." I say, "Well we aren't putting water in it, so why do we need a pump?" He responds, "You are SUCH a negative Nancy.  Don't worry about me stealing any of your money."  I just walked away.

Now he says he forgot to ask me to get beer so he is leaving to go get it. He came right back in and said, "I know I'm high maintenance, but that's going to change."

He's gone now. It's quiet. Thank God for the quiet. I don't get much quiet these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment