Wednesday, November 28, 2012

6. To Stay or Not to Stay... Is that REALLY a Question?


So much has happened since I wrote last.  I just haven't had the energy to write.  I almost just decided to give up this blog. After all, it is getting pretty repetitive.  However, I felt I needed to continue, because of what happened in the past week.

Wednesday, 11/28/2012 

Today was pretty much a 'normal' day.  Well, it was what is normal in my world.  I went to work and Mark was on the road most of the day.  When he isn't there it makes it much easier.  I actually hate going home because I know what I am in for at night.  So, I had been staying at work later and going to bed earlier.


Mark was pretty excited because the producer called the shop and interviewed all of the guys for the show.  I will admit, I was rather upbeat about it as the guys seemed to be more keen on it.  Perhaps, just for a moment we all forgot what our reality was having to be around Mark.

When I got home that night it was the usual, get me a beer, hand me an ice pack, fix this on my computer, explain how this works, you need to lose weight, that chick is 'hot', I am writing the story about Becky (his ex-fiance).  I try to stay in my office so I don't have to listen to him ramble on and on.  I really am sick about him wanting this $4000+ pool heater that we cannot afford.  He had made up his mind to use my retirement money.  He flipped out when I said I didn't want him to get it.  It seems he will get it no matter how I feel.

He watched the videos that Pat had made of him opening safes that day, over and over and over.  He seems to think the producer will "love" them.  I chose not to say that I really feel they are pretty boring.  Reality TV is supposed to be excited, not make you go to sleep.  I just kept my mouth shut.

When 11:00 PM rolled around I knew it was going to be another night of him not going to bed.  Remember, 'pre-mania' Mark was usually fast asleep by 9 PM.  Once again, I tried to watch a recorded show, but once again, he would start talking about anything and everything.  I would say PLEASE just let me watch my show?  Finally, at midnight I knew it was time to give up.  He decided to play pool.  I decided to just go to bed.

I put my African Grey parrot in her night time cage.  Then I took my Senegal parrot and put her in her cage and covered it up as I do every night.  Then I went to bed.

Mark turned up the in-house stereo very LOUD in the game room.  That room is right next to our bedroom.  I opened the door and went over and turned it down. I asked him to please leave it low so I could go to bed.  He asked why I was going to bed 'so early' which is true, as before he started acting manic again, I usually had stayed up until 2 AM.  I just told him I wanted to go to sleep and to please keep it down.

The minute I got back in bed he turned the music up again.  I got up again and opened the door and asked him to turn it down.  He did.  I went to get in bed again.  10 minutes later the music was on even louder.  This circus went on until 12:45 AM.  He told me to put on ear plugs.  Instead of saying, "why should I have to wear ear plugs to go to sleep in my own house?" Instead, like an idiot, I looked for ear plugs.  I couldn't find any he hadn't used.  I went and told him that. Big mistake.  That really set him off.  "So you can use MY TOOTHBRUSH  TO BRUSH YOUR STANKY ASS TEETH, BUT CAN"T USE MY EAR PLUGS?"  He then started in with the same old - "you have asberger's syndrome" and you are the one that needs mental help.

It all went downhill from there. He said every disparaging thing he could about me. He said he had "skyped" with my ex-husband Brad and learned some incredible things about me (he doesn't know Brad, or even how to reach him after 19 years since I divorced him). He said so many things they run together in my mind.  I actually recorded a lot of this with my phone.

I don't know exactly what happened, but I finally snapped.  I quietly walked in to our bedroom while he was still carrying on and got a couple of pieces of clothing and my dachshund Bailey and left.  I didn't grab my birds since they were already in their cages for the night.  I just needed to get out.

He followed me making all kind of remarks and stood in front of the gate so I couldn't leave.  I told him if he didn't move I was calling 911.  He moved, I left - then the real trouble began.

No comments:

Post a Comment