Sunday, May 12, 2013

107. A Wonderful Mother's Day 2013


Today is Mother's Day, 2013.  I had a wonderful day with the girls and Matthew.  I also got a wonderful surprise.  I got a Mother's Day message from Ryan.

I am feeling much better today.  Megan got home right when I finished writing my blog post last night and we watched a movie together.

Megan and I met Kristin and Matthew at Ruby Tuesday at the Gardens Mall for lunch.  We all had a very nice time together.  Matthew is such a joy.

We dropped Matthew back at home after lunch then headed off to get our nails and toes done.  All three of us even had them paint little flowers on one of our toes.  The whole experience was fun.  I needed it.

Kristin was going to bring Matthew out to the house to swim, but the weather turned south pretty quickly.  So, Megan and I head home.  We painted the walls we had spackled where Claude had made the holes.  Then later, we watched movies together.

Before I went to bed I checked Facebook and saw I had a message from earlier in the night.  To my shock and surprise the message was from my step-son, Ryan:

You are probably just thinking to yourself, "Oh. That's sweet."  And, yes it is.  The reason I was shocked is Ryan hasn't spoken a word to me since before I left his dad.  In fact, prior to the Facebook post I don't think I had talked to Ryan since Christmas of 2011.  I know he and his dad do not get along.  I was Mark's wife.  So, I do understand.  I have been in Ryan's life since he was 10 years old.  But, it's a bit difficult to call to talk to me and not his dad.

Anyway, it was a delightful surprise and a wonderful end to a fantastic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment