Monday, May 6, 2013

102. What Do You Mean You Won't Testify?


There are people who could be witness to a rape, robbery or something else horrific, yet would turn around and walk the other way.  They say, "I don't want to get involved."  Maybe they are scared that person will go after them too.  I am not sure.  I just know I am not that type of person.  I'd help.

When I talked to the states attorney, Jenica on Friday, I told her about how Mark had also threatened the life Karen Walter, Mark's ex-wife.  This shows that there is a pattern of death threats by Mark.  Karen tried to get a restraining order, but it was refused.  Back in 1993/4 there was no Facebook, text messages and cellphones.  Not to mention, at that time stalking was not looked at as it is today.  Karen's request for the restraining order is still in the court's records.  Jenica asked for Karen's home number.  She didn't know if she would need to talk to her or not.  I called Karen to let her know that Jenica might call and she said she was fine with talking to her.

Today, Jenica told me that she still didn't know if Mark would be granted a bail hearing.  She told me that if the hearing was granted that it was important that all of the guys from the shop to be there.

When Joe (one of our employees) heard this he told Chris there was no way he was going.  He did the same thing back in March when we had to go to the first hearing for Mark.  Chris and I were the only ones that went.  Joe told Chris that 'he didn't want to get involved.'  The ironic thing was it was Joe that begged Chris to call 911 March 4th when the guys heard the death threats from Mark on the answering service while I was at the court getting my restraining order.

All I can say is I am truly disgusted with Joe.  He knows what I have been through.  He also went through it himself along with the rest of us.  Now, he doesn't want to get involved.  That's fine.  If Mark gets out because of him not being there we will know who to blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment