Saturday, January 19, 2013

38. Cleaning Day - Saturday - Part 1 - Daytime (Warning - Graphic Intensive)

WARNING! GRAPHIC INTENSIVE!

We have come to relate Mark's moods to the Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde mode. When he is happy and agreeable he is in his Dr. Jekyl mode.  When he is angry and hateful he is in his Mr. Hyde mode.  Lately most of the time he is in the Mr. Hyde mode.

 I had talked to Mark and he sounded 'happy' and was in the Dr. Jekyl mode.  Against my better judgement - and the advice of all of my friends and family - I went out to the house today.  I know if we do not clean up the mess the house will never be sold.  I decided to give it a shot.

Since you haven't seen the house since I left, these pictures will give you a 'little' idea what I am up against.

Here are some pictures of my beautiful house.

Our Den:


(note the broken glass on the floor under the coffee table)



(that horrific thing in the background is the fish tank that was in the garage for 10 years)
(no this is not a wood burning fireplace.  It is gas. Note the bottles, cans, paper etc he tossed in)

Here is our beautiful bedroom:





Master Bath:
Guest Bath:

Who doesn't want a game room in their house? :



And everyone LOVES a beautiful Kitchen:








(Hard to tell, but this is our kitchen table)

I didn't include the two other bedrooms, the 3rd bath, or my office.  They pretty much all look the very same way.

For many weeks I had asked Mark why he did this.  I further asked him why he didn't clean it up.  He just said it wasn't something he could do.  I realized he was not lying.  In the 18 years we have been together I have had to pick up after him.  I may not be the absolute neatest person in the world, but I do pick up my own trash.  He will not.  Mark was raised by a wealthy father.  He feels entitled.  He also feels that someone should pick up for him like the maid did for his family.

I spent about 5 hours picking up trash today on the patio and in the den.  After that five hours it was impossible to tell I was even there.

I stopped cleaning about 5 P.M. and took Mark out to eat.  In my next post I will explain why.... I had a 'brainstorm idea'...

You can read all about it here: Cleaning Day - Saturday - Part 2 - Deep Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment