Tuesday, April 30, 2013

97. A Night For Big Decisions


My day started out terrific.  I had my appointment with Meier's Orthodontist.  He is the 4th person I have seen to discuss how to fix my teeth.  From the moment I walked in there I just knew this practice was the perfect one.  And, I was right.

The people were all awesome.  The nurse was amazing.  Dr. Meier's was tremendous.  I was there for about an hour and a half.  After the x-rays the doctor told me he could make my smile back to beautiful in about 8 months!  The best thing is, my dental insurance will cover part of it.

It was very busy at work today.  The day just flew by.  I picked up Kristin today, because her Jeep was in the shop.  We picked up dinner and came home.  After we at it started off just as any other normal night.  We put Matty to bed, then sat to watch a few shows.  During a commercial while watching "The Mentalist", Kristin and I got to talking.  I was 'testing the waters' and mentioned I may be moving back to the house with Megan.  She didn't seem upset at all, which just makes me believe it would be the right choice.
Then, somewhere during the conversation, I mentioned about Mark pleading 'not guilty.'  Kristin said, "He DID?!"  She obviously didn't know.  She asked me how I found out.  I explained that it is on the Palm Beach County Clerks criminal records site.  They had just updated it on Monday.  I said, "I check that site often."  Kristin responded, "Don't you think that is rather obsessive?"  I told her, "No.  I don't.  I need to know what is going on with the case.  The man threatened to 'cut out my heart.'  I want to know what is happening at all times."

Next, Kristin proceeded to tell me that she has contacted Mark's Public Defender a few times, but they keep playing telephone tag.  I asked her why she would be calling the PD.  She responded, "I wanted to ask him to have daddy plead "not guilty", but request to be put in a mental facility.  She said, "I thought that's what you wanted for him too?"  I told her that's where he needs to be.  But, after he threatened to cut out my heart - and kill me several times I have decided it is no longer my responsibility as to what happens to him.  Kristin was not happy with that response.

I told Kristin that wanting to go in a mental facility may not happen now that he has asked for a jury trial.  I further explained since he has asked for the trial more then likely everyone will be called to testify.  She told me, "No way am I going to testify."  I said, "Well, if you are subpoenaed you will."  She said, "No, I won't."  I said, "Kristin, right now this is all speculative. But, if a trial happens, and we are called to testify, we have to testify.  If you are subpoenaed to testify and don't appear you can be arrested."  She responded, "Then I guess they will arrest me."

With that she left the room for awhile.  I assume she was going to check the court website to see the file.  About 15 minutes later she came back through the living room, but went straight through without stopping.  I asked, "Are you going to finish watching the show?"  Kristin responded, "No.  I am going in my room to read."  You might say, so what?  But, she reads in the chair next to me every night.  It was apparent she didn't want to be around me.

So, though my day started out super awesome, tonight it turned to crap.  My 'tough decision' is to make the mental choice to move back home.  I know I need to.  I just have to get up the nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment