Monday, April 22, 2013

92. The Mediation That Didn't Happen


Today was supposed to be my divorce mediation at the Palm Beach County jail with Mark.  While I had dreaded this day, I was also relieved to get this part over with,   I stressed all night last night just thinking about it.  Thankfully, my attorney went to great lengths to set it up so I wouldn't have to actually see Mark.

Curtis (my attorney) arranged the meeting so that we each would be in different rooms and the mediator would go between each room to ask questions for each of us.  I was very happy to hear this.  I have not seen Mark at all since February 24th.  I really don't want to.


I drove to Curtis' office at 9 AM.  We talked for awhile about what was going to happen, then he drove me to the jail.  The mediation was to start at 10:00 AM.  When Curtis and I walked into the jail we were informed that Mark had "accidentally" been transported on the 'Blue Bird Bus' (the name they use to transport the inmates) to the Palm Beach County downtown courthouse.  We were both floored.  The deputies told us to wait in our car and they would see if there was anything they could do.

A half hour passed.  Finally one of the deputies came out to inform us there was absolutely nothing they could do.  Mark would not be back for a few hours.  We would have to reschedule the mediation.

The good news is that Curtis is a very nice man and a fair attorney.  He made sure to let me know I would not be charged for his time for this.

The bad news is that now we will have to wait for at least two weeks to get a new mediation date.

No comments:

Post a Comment