Friday, April 12, 2013

85. More Abuse - This Time By Claude


This afternoon was calm for me because I knew Mark wouldn't be getting out of jail any time soon.  Chris was running out to get ice cream for everyone and asked if I wanted some.  I usually say no. Today I decided to treat myself as if I had a small victory.

Chris returned with my chocolate chip scoop.  Right after the second bite I knew something was wrong.  One of the 'chips' wouldn't chew.  It was hard - too hard.  I spit it out in my mouth.  Lo' and behold I was staring at part of my molar.  I immediately called the dentist, but unfortunately he couldn't see me until Monday.  Just my luck.

In the meantime, Megan called me at work.  She said the police were at my house at 4 AM.  I said, "What?? Why?? "

As you know Claude and Megan are living at my house helping to pack it up.  Claude doesn't work (and hasn't in several years) though he is taking classes.  Yesterday, it turns out, Claude had been drinking all day.  Megan got home from work late and was tired.

Claude continued drinking.  About 1 AM she wanted to go to sleep. Claude didn't want her to, so she laid down on the couch  He was playing video games, but it was really loud so she asked him to please turn it down several times.  For some reason this set him off and made him angry.

I don't know how to phrase this other then to say, Claude started going ballistic. He threw a statue across the house and put a crack in my guest room door from top to bottom.  He threw something else that put a hole in my far kitchen wall.  Next he punched a huge hole in different part of my kitchen wall.

Next, Claude slammed my bedroom door open causing a hole in the wall from then knob.  Then he grabbed my bedroom door, ripped it off the hinges, and threw it across my bedroom.  The door hit the far wall and broke part of the wall on my closet door.

During all of this Megan grabbed the phone, ran outside and called 911.  Claude then started to pack his stuff.

The police came and took him away, but we found out today they just took him home because it wasn't Megan's house.  They said I would have to press charges, Megan can't.  I told Megan that Claude is never allowed in my house again. Megan agreed. She says she is 'done'.  I want so much to believe that, but we've been thorough this all before a few times before.

These are only a few of the pictures.  There are many more "holes" in my walls:








Megan said Claude has been text messaging her apologizing. I told her she was just lucky it wasn't her being thrown against the walls. I also told her to tell him he is paying for the repairs or I will press charges.

Megan also told me he wants to call to apologize to me.  I explained to Megan that wouldn't be a good idea.  I have nothing nice to say to him.  As far as I am concerned Claude abused me too.  He knew what I have been going through.  He pretended to care.  And, in one night he caused a tremendous amount destruction to my house because he was drunk and angry.  Sound familiar?

I took Megan to dinner and told her to practice what she preached to me about leaving Mark.  But, Megan is 29 and has supported him for nearly 11 years.   There is nothing I can say or do to change her mind.  I can only hope that she finally does take the advice she freely gives to me and realizes she needs to move on.

Megan, I know you read this.  My friend Dixie wanted me to ask you a question.  She said, "Ask Megan if she would be OK when Mark gets out, whether on bond or just released, if you went to pick him up to drive him home?"

I think we all know your answer, Megan.  You would tell me, "Mom are you NUTS? No WAY will you go pick him up!!"

Well Megs, Claude terrified you last night.  This has happened several times.  You are his support, instead of him supporting you.  When you told me that you were still driving him to school I asked you, "WHY?"  You said he didn't have a car.  I asked you why that was your concern?  He is an adult.  You are not his mother.  It's time he took responsibility for himself.

So, Megan I pose Dixie's question to you again.  Should I go to pick up Mark?  If you still say "no", then please explain to me why?  You are doing the very same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment