Thursday, March 7, 2013

63. Waiting, Wondering, Worrying


You are probably wondering what happened after I received my temporary restraining order.  Ironically, I personally did not receive a single phone call or email for four straight days after his tirade of death threats on the 3rd.  It was quiet, too quiet, which made my stress level soar.  At least when he was calling from the house I knew exactly where he was. When he doesn't call I have to look over my shoulder every second.

The Sheriff's office called me on Wednesday the 6th to let me know they had 'served' the restraining order to him at 8:50 A.M.  Even after he was served I did not receive a single call or email.  I began to wonder maybe he had blacked out?  Did he even realize what he had done?  Did I over-react? NO, I know I didn't.  It remained quiet until Thursday the 7th.

I cannot even begin to explain the stress that all of us have gone through; myself, my family, and my staff throughout all of these days.  Mark had called all of the staff on the 3rd to say, "You're fired."  They actually called me to find out if they still had a job.  I told them to ignore Mark.  That is easier said then done when he continued to call.

On Thursday thinks were no longer quiet.  No, he didn't contact me in any way.  However, he did contact my friends, family and business friends.  Thursday night I received call after call from these people telling me that Mark had call to harass them.  I guess since he knew he couldn't contact me he would attack those I knew and they would tell me about it.  However, my restraining order is just for me only.  It is true that he cannot harass me via a third party.  But, he didn't call these people and ask them to call me, or even give me a message.  He knew these people would call me without him having to say a word.  It worked.  All I could do is apologize to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment