Thursday, March 14, 2013

68. Palm Beach County Jail and Jet

Mark Walter - Mugshot

It was after midnight when Mark was booked in the Palm Beach County jail on Gun Club road.  I imagine he was exhausted.  If you listened to the recordings and/or read the transcripts from last night (while he was leaving messages harassing me and breaking his restraining order) he yawned and mentioned several times how tired he was.

If you remember me saying last night the judge had issued an $800,000 bail the night before.  When Mark went to his first appearance in front of the judge at the jail, his bail was revoked.  I believe the judge felt it was too dangerous for him to be out.  Not to mention, he threatened the North Palm Beach police.  I'm pretty sure they don't take that too lightly.

Mark was arrested for the following:



As you can see the Bond was changed to $0.

I'll admit when I saw this picture it made me sad.  I cannot tell you why.  I had nightmares all night long too.  Chris said the same thing, so at least I know I'm not the only one feeling that way.  But, don't think for a moment I am regretting anything.  I feel safe.  At least for now.

Early in the day I received a phone call from Len.  Len is the auto mechanic that Mark befriended when he blew up the engine to his car.  Len is a very nice older gentlemen in his 60's.  Len told me he was standing in the middle of my living room.  I was in shock.  I asked him how he got in?  I mean I locked up the house the night before while the Sheriff was with me.  He told me that Mark told him how to break in through my bedroom door.  Mark had disabled the alarm system, so Len was able to do as Mark said and just push his way into my bedroom.

Len said that Mark had asked him to go over there to get his gold coins.  I told him that I had no idea where his gold coins were.  As far as i knew, Mark had given them away to people as payment.  I will admit, I was far more concerned that Mark had explained to others how to break into my house.  I called our alarm service right away to come out and fix our alarm.

Of course, I now had Jet and didn't know what to do with him.  I couldn't keep him at Kristin's.  We already have 3 dogs there, a parrot, a 6 year old child and 3 adults.  Jet had been living with Mark for months and isn't trained.  I called Mark's ex-wife Karen who is an animal lover.  She agreed to keep Jet for as long as was need, but only if I got him fixed.  She has a lot of animals and certainly couldn't take in an un-neutered male.

So, I called every vet I could to see if anyone could get him in.  None of them had any appointments available until Tuesday.  I just sat at work and cried, because I didn't know what to do.  Chris had already said he couldn't stay at the house.  He saw me crying and asked what was wrong.  I explained that I couldn't get an appointment for Jet for 5 days.  Chris said that if I got him bathed (he smelled awful - I don't think he had a bath in months) and put on flea medication then I could keep keep him at the house until his appointment.

There is a place on Northlake Blvd called Barkley's that my vet recommended.  I ran up there and they agreed to bathe Jet.  It was short notice, but fortunately they know my vet very well and fit Jet in.  After I dropped him off I breathed a sigh of relief.  It had been a very incredibly stressful morning, but at least I had this under control now.  I ran and bought Jet a collar and a leash.  Then went back to the shop.

Then Mark's brother Bruce called.  He told me that Mark had called him from the jail.  He asked that Jet be taken to Len's.  Even though I had spent half of the day trying to work out details about Jet, I was relieved to hear this. It is easier on me not to have to deal with Mark's problems.  So, after work I took Jet to Len's house.

I had never met Len before.  So, the only thing he knew about me was what Mark told him about me.  You can imagine it wasn't very nice.  Len is very religious. I am assuming that's where Mark came up with wanting to go to seminary school.  Mark even signed up and paid for a class at Victory College (online I am assuming). Mark obviously didn't mean it, but I think Len probably had talked to him about it.

When I met Len for the first time I think he was taking back.  I guess I wasn't the full blown witch Mark had made me out to be.  We talked for awhile.  Len was led to believe that Mark was just a sad soul whose witch of a wife had abandon him.  Len had no idea about all of the death threats, the spending, the trashing of the house.   It was apparent that Len understood more clearly what had been going on by the time I left.

The State's Attorney Jen called me that after noon as well.  She very nice.  She explained everything that was going on and that his bail was revoked.  She also told me I would have to give a victims statement in court in the next couple of weeks.  She assured me my victims advocate would be with me when I had to go.

The rest of the night was uneventful for the first time in months.  We were able to plug back in our home phone.  I was able to turn on my cell phone.  It was quiet.  It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment