Wednesday, December 26, 2012

30. The Jekyll and Hyde Syndrome


Today is Wednesday.  It's my first day back to work after the long Christmas weekend.  This is probably the first time in my life I have ever been happy that a holiday weekend was over.  The stress of yesterday was a bit more then I could bear.  So, as usual, I didn't sleep well last night.  I had nightmares.

I really didn't feel like opening email after going through the all of the torture of yesterday.  I did it anyway.  Imagine my surprise to see the following email:


December 26, 2012: 7:30 A.M.


Good Morning Love,

  What with all that did and did not happen on Christmas, i do not want to loose sight
of the bigger picture here.  To that end, when you get a chance, could you please advise
me of impending Dr. Agasti's appointments. 

  I have a 9:00am appointment with Dr. Toward on Friday.  I know it is early for you, but it
would mean a lot to me if you could go with me.  Sometimes, i get flustered in a doctors office
and don't ask the right ?'s and ask the wrong ones.  

  I spoke with Kristin this morning and she is going to find a time when we can all be together
and celebrate a second Christmas Granddad and Grandma style.

  I plan on depositing $3000,00 in our account today.  Perhaps we can figure a way to pay some
of the credit card debt i've run up during this sabbatical.  I have all the information on that 1853
gold piece and would like to put it on e-bay, but alas, my skills online are weak at best.  

  Feel free to call me today, or any day or night for that matter.  I really really miss you and our crew
very much.  My vacation ends in one week and I say full steam ahead.  Let's do this <3.

Your Husband,
me ;)

At first glance you probably thought like I did...."Dr. Jekyll...what did you do with manic Mr. Hyde?"  But, after rereading the mail a couple of times and also after speaking with my daughter, many things stood out.  Let's dissect and rewrite the email to what Mark was 'really' trying to say, shall we?

Good Morning Love, (1)

(1) I think I must have said or done something pretty bad yesterday, but I don't remember what it was so this should make it all better.


 What with all that did and did not happen on Christmas, i do not want to loose sight
of the bigger picture here.  To that end, when you get a chance, could you please advise
me of impending Dr. Agasti's appointments. (2)

(2) I am still angry that you didn't play my "taxi service" and pick me up, but we will drop that for now and talk about what you think I need to do so you will come home.  I know you know that I have the doctor's appointment information.  But, since I know you have been ignoring me, perhaps if I ask you for it at least you will email me back.


  I have a 9:00am appointment with Dr. Toward on Friday.  I know it is early for you, but it
would mean a lot to me if you could go with me.  Sometimes, i get flustered in a doctors office
and don't ask the right ?'s and ask the wrong ones.  (3)



(3) Do you remember me telling you about my GP, Dr. Toward?  You know, the doctor I told you about and his staff that despises you?  Yeah, I know they have never met you, but they don't like you, because I told them 'all about you.'   I  know you have been at work every day at 8 A.M. since we split up, but I wanted to make sure I berated you by tossing in that it's 'early for you.'  I want you to come with me so he can ask questions. You can 'give him your side' and I can criticize everything you say. 


  I spoke with Kristin this morning and she is going to find a time when we can all be together
and celebrate a second Christmas Granddad and Grandma style. (4)


(4) I sent a Facebook message to Kristin this morning.  I told her I want everyone to come out here so I get my Christmas.  I didn't speak with her, but since I sent her a message on on Facebook, that means she has to agree, as well as the rest of you, because I 'wrote it down.'


 I plan on depositing $3000,00 in our account today.  Perhaps we can figure a way to pay some
of the credit card debt i've run up during this sabbatical.  I have all the information on that 1853
gold piece and would like to put it on e-bay, but alas, my skills online are weak at best.  (5)

(5) I cashed out my life insurance.  I want you to believe I am trying to be responsible.  I really won't deposit anything in to the account, but I want you to think so.  And, I want you to be excited and believe that 1853 gold piece is really worth something.  Maybe if I praise your internet skills I can get you to set up an ebay account for me instead of me doing it myself.



Feel free to call me today, or any day or night for that matter.  I really really miss you and our crew
very much.  My vacation ends in one week and I say full steam ahead.  Let's do this <3. (6)

(6) I don't like you ignoring all of my text messages and my past 20 emails.  I am lonely and sad, but I honestly know there is nothing wrong with me.  You just need to understand that.  I'm going to tell you I'm coming back to work to make you worried and anxious.

OK.  Maybe that isn't how he would interpret his mail, but that's how I did.  It is beyond belief that a person can go from acting insane and mean then less then 7 hours later 'seem to be' perfectly normal.

I chose not to respond to this email.  I also did not talk to Mark on the phone or respond to any of his Facebook messages or the several emails he sent today. He sends mail all day long with pictures attached of my once beautiful house that is now like trash. Mark also takes pictures of all of our old pictures.  I told Kristin I could envision the song "Memories" playing in the background as he snapped the camera.

One of the last pictures I received was a picture he took of the "False Alarm" report given to him by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Department.  He keeps setting off the alarm in our house.  I can only imagine he is doing it to get a response from me, because he never answers the phone when the alarm company calls.  The police come every time.  I had to call our alarm company today.  I gave them authorization to stop the police from responding to the false alarms.  We will get charged $150 for each false alarm after you go past about 3 times.  I am sure we owe quite a bit by now.


Work has been extraordinarily busy.  I am running the shop alone every day.  It is increasingly difficult with the holidays as I have to turn customers away since we are one man down.  I hate doing that because we sure could use the money.  But, you can only do so much in a work day.

Tonight I had a therapy appointment for myself.  I told Joyce all about what happened yesterday and the email this morning.  She said something to me I hadn't thought of before.  She said, "Diana, do you think he was in black out?  That would account for why he wrote the letter this morning.  Perhaps he didn't remember anything he did yesterday?"  I believe that is possible.  But, if you are familiar with Facebook you can see all of the private messages you have written.  The same is for text messages.  Honestly, I don't know anymore.  I just know I am tired of being tired.

Let's hope tomorrow brings some kind of a breakthrough for someone, anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment