Monday, December 10, 2012

16. The Doctor is In

Monday, December 10, 2012

This week at work is incredibly busy.  We are booked almost every single day.  Chris and Pat have a huge access control job to work on.  Joe is the only technician I have available to send on jobs, since Mark is out still.

There was a CD that came in the mail this morning.  It has Mark's name as the addressee, but all of our packages have his name.  There was no return address on the envelope.  There was no invoice.  I opened it and inside the CD sticker said, "PDF converter professional 8."  I had no idea what this was for. I Googled the name and found out it costs anywhere from $80 to $100.


I went into the back of the shop and asked all of the guys and none ordered it.  At that point I realized it had to be Mark that ordered it.  I tried to call the house and got no answer.  So, I sent a Facebook message to him, "There is some software here that says it was ordered by you called PDF converter professional 8. It looks like it 80 to about 100 dollars. No one here ordered it. Do you have any idea what this is for?"  His response four hours later:

  • Monday
  • Mark Walter

    please send that back. hon. Love you 
    • Diana Rae Walter

      Sure. I would be happy to send it back for you. But, No paper work came with it. Not even a return address. I have no invoice for it, or form of payment. I will need you to please forward me the receipt you received for it. Maybe it's in your email. I will also need to know what credit card you used. Thanks hon.

    He never responded again about the CD.  You might think, 'so what?  He ordered a CD?'  You have to remember, he doesn't know what he is ordering.  He actually told me that ever since he loaded Skype his computer was telling him what to buy.  He is spending money

    The day flew by.  I was pretty excited because my first counselor's session was tonight.  My appointment was at 5 P.M.  I darted out of the shop 20 minutes early.  When I got there my wait was only ten minutes.  This nice much older woman, who looked like she could be my grandma, came in and took me back to an office.  I didn't realize until she shut the door that she was my psychologist.  She shook my hand and said, "Hi, my name is Joyce."   I noticed when she talked she took very long wheezing breaths in-between words. It appeared she may have emphysema, or something like that.  It was a bit unnerving listening to her talk.  Honestly, I felt like saying, "There must be some mistake," and running out of the office.  I decided I would give her a shot.

    I did my best to ignore her wheezing while she talked to me.  I explained in detail what had been going on.  I sobbed quite a bit.  Joyce visibly became quite concerned when I got to the part about Mark murdering my parrot.  She became even more troubled when she learned about his brother murdering his wife and killing himself.  I explained that Mark was in the care of Dr. Agrasti, but I was pretty sure he wasn't taking his meds, or if he was he certainly wasn't taking them correctly.  I told her about how he was spending money, screaming at our customers, screaming at me, ordering me around like a maid servant, making up stories and how our house is in such disarray.  I must have talked and cried non-stop for a good part of 45 minutes.

    Joyce only interrupted me a few times to ask some questions to which I had to correct what she was writing down.  One of the questions she asked me was, "Do you still love him?  Or, is it that you just still care about him?"  I just sat there and cried.  How can I answer that right now?  I just can't answer that right now.

    Our time was running out, so Joyce asked me to go get a book called, "The Secret of Overcoming Verbal Abuse," by Garo-Ellis.  She also told me to not talk to him in any way, shape or form until Dr. Agrasti felt the meds were working and he was more in control of himself..  She further told me to contact an attorney to "protect myself."

    The front desk scheduled my next appointment.  The girl there gave me the name of a woman that works during the day named Tara.  She said, "Call Tara to get the name of attorneys."  Then she scheduled my appointment for the next Monday.  Then I left.

    I honestly can't say I felt any better at all when I left there then before I got there.  I guess I knew the psychologist couldn't work miracles, but I suppose I wanted to hope she could.  I still haven't decided if she is the right counselor for me.  Next Monday's appointment should help me decide that.

    Driving home (my new home at Kristin's) I still was a bit rattled by having to go over everything once again.   Mark's appointment with Dr. Agrasti is tomorrow.  I suppose this was a little bit of a consolation for me to know Dr. Agrasti would be able to see if Mark had made any progress or not.  Lord knows I hadn't seen any.  Maybe he would.

    A little after 10 P.M. I sent Mark a Facebook message to let him know I would meet him for his doctor's appointment.   After that I watched some T.V. and was in bed by 11 P.M.










    No comments:

    Post a Comment