Monday, December 17, 2012

23. Manic Monday...


Monday, December 17, 2012

Yesterday, I pretty much laid out to Mark what I expected him to do. <--WOW, that sounded SO strong didn't it?  Too bad I can't always be that way.

I still didn't sleep well last night.  I keep waking up. Even so, I was pleased to see a Facebook message when I got up from Mark in response to my 'ultimatum' that said:



"I understand, and will do. anything i can help you with today, please feel free to call me."

To his credit, he actually did call and make an appointment, but the soonest he could get in was January 2nd.  I wasn't happy about waiting that long.

The morning at work went well.  It was very busy, but also not super stressful.  I was also looking forward to my counselor's appointment at noon.  I have only been there once and went a different way today.  I got lost.  I ended up at my appointment 20 minutes late and very stressed.  Go figure.

The counseling session actually was pretty good this time.  I cried a lot and she listened.  I also explained I don't sleep well.  She told me I needed to get a prescription to help me sleep at least for now.  She once again recommended I get an attorney.  I know I need to, but in Florida my own option is to file for divorce.  I am just not "there" yet.

My counselor Joyce recommended for me to call Mark to see if he would agree to see a nurse practitioner since his appointment with Dr. Agresti was so far away.  Mark doesn't like nurses.  Especially female nurses.  I called anyway.  He actually agreed to do it.  His appointment was scheduled for Wednesday at 3:00.  I was happy about that.

As I started driving back to work I called Chris to let him know I was on the way back.  When he answered I already knew something was wrong.  He said, "There was a man that just left the shop demanding money for work he did on your fish tank for Mark?  He just left, but said he is coming back."  My heart just sank.

The custom made fish tank that was in our garage for 10 years has now become another of Mark's priorities.  I honestly didn't want to put it up.  He did.  So it went up.  The problem is a 180 gallon reef tank costs thousands for the fish, coral, etc.  We don't have that.  I mean he just charged $3,800 for a swimming pool heater we didn't need.  So, he hired this guy Phil to come set up the tank.  From what I gathered Mark owes Phil $600 for the work he has done so far.

I immediately called Mark and asked, "Why is this person coming to our shop for money?"  Mark told me he 'would take care of it' and said if Phil returned to call 911.  I know right now for Mark to 'take care of things' can mean many things.  I had stopped to get something to eat to take to the shop.  Then my phone rang.  It was the police.  She said, "Ma'am the police are at your place of business.  Your husband called."  My heart sank again.  I told her, "I am not at the shop.  I don't know why he called the police.  The man isn't even there from what the employees have told me."  She was confused as it seemed Mark made her believe this was an emergency.  When I pulled up to the shop 2 police cars were speeding away.  The guys told me the police were very ticked off for being called to a false alarm.

All of the guys left the shop to go back to work and I was alone.  Phil showed back up a couple of hours later.  He spent one and a half hours explaining to ne the sad story of how Mark owes him money.  He told me that Mark isn't 'normal' and he really is afraid to be there alone with him.  I politely listened to everything he said.  Fortunately, there were several customers coming in and out, so I got a break from listening to him.  Finally Joe got back to the shop while Phil was still there.  I was glad because there wasn't a snoll balls chance in hell I was going to give this man any money.  I was very polite when I told him that.  Then he cried.  Soon he left.  I was relieved.  My stomach was in knots.

I didn't speak to Mark for the rest of the night, because I knew it was pointless.  He had said before that "Phil is crazy."  Oh the irony.





No comments:

Post a Comment